AFTER THE TREK TO BASE CAMP WE CONTINUED OUR JOURNEY AND TRAVELED TO INDIA. OUR FIRST STOP WAS IN OLD DELHI WHERE WE STAYED IN A 3RD CLASS HOTEL. THERE WAS A MAJOR MUSLIM FESTIVAL ON AND OUR FIRST CHOICES WERE FULL.  EVERYTHING IN INDIA WAS MORE HECTIC IN ALL RESPECTS THAN NEPAL AND SO I HAD TO ADJUST. BUT I MUST ADD THAT I ADAPTED VERY QUICKLY TO THE STREETS AND ACTIVITIES.

AFTER 2 DAYS WE MOVED ON TO AGRA TO SEE AND PHOTOGRAPH THE TAJ MAHAL. WE CAUGHT A SECOND CLASS TRAIN WHICH IS AN EXPERIENCE NOT TO BE MISSED IF ONE WANTS TO EXPERIENCE TRAVEL IN INDIA. WE SPENT A WHOLE DAY AT THE TAJ AND TOK NEARLY 1000 IMAGES. SUCH IS ITS MAGNIFICENCE THAT ONE COULD SPEND WEEKS THERE TO CAPTURE ALL ITS MOODS AN DIFFERENT LIGHT AND FROM MANY VANTAGE POINTS. AGRA HAD LOTS ELSE TO OFFER WITH A LARGE SPICE MARKET AND OF COURSE LIFE IN THE STREETS. AFTER THREE DAYS AND ANOTHER TRAIN TRIP-THIS TIME 3RD CLASS-AND A FLIGHT WE ARRIVED IN VARANASI WHERE WE SPENT 4 DAYS. THIS CITY HAS MUCH TO OFFER THE TOURIST AND MORE SO THE AVID PHOTOGRAPHER. SO MUCH SO THAT MANY SAY IF THEY COULD VISIT ONLY 1 CITY IN INDIA VARANASI WOULD BE IT. THE GHATS ALONG THE GANGES OFFERS SO MUCH THAT ONE  COULD SPEND WEEKS THERE CTRYING TO CAPTURE LIFE THERE.WE ALSO VISITED THE FAR BANK OF THE RIVER WHICH A LOT OF TOURISTS DO NOT AND GOT SOME WONDERFUL IMAGES THERE. AS ELSEWHERE IN INDIA WE STAYED IN A VERY MODEST HOTEL IN THE CENTRE OF THE OLD CITY VERY CLOSE TO THE GHATS. THE ALLEY WAYS ARE VERY NARROW AND TEEMING WITH LIFE-HUMAN ,COWS, DOGS AND CATS. THE STREETS WERE VERY DIRTY AS THE DAY PROGRESSED BY BY 6 THE NEXT MORNING WERE CLEAN.

BEING SO CROWDED IT WAS NOT ALWAYS EASY TO GET GOOD SHOTS BUT WITH THE HELP OF RAKU EARLIER ON THE TRIP AND IN VARANASI LIFE BECAME EASIER. AGAIN PATIENCE, BLEND IN WITH ONES SURROUNDINGS, BE AWARE OF THE LIGHT AND BACKGROUND AND BE SENSITIVE TO YOUR POTENTIAL SUBJECTS AND THE SHOTS DO COME.

INDIA IS A COUNTRY WHERE THE PEOPLE ARE VERY POOR YET SOMEHOW MAINTAIN THEIR DIGNITY. IT MIGHT NOT BE A COUNTRY FOR SOME BUT IT OFFERS THE MOST WONDERFUL OPPORTUNITIES TO KEEN PHOTOGRAPHERS AND ESPECIALLY THOSE INTERESTED IN PHOTOJOURNALISM.

HERE ARE SOME IMAGES. i WILL POST A FEW MORE LATER.

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN COSTS WE LIVED FOR LESS THAN R200 PER DAY EATING OFF THE STREETS, LOCAL RESTAURANTS AND USING PUBLIC TRANSPORT OF ALL FORMS..

Views: 50

Reply to This

© 2018   Created by Danie Bester.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service